To submit your entry online, follow the instructions below. Be sure to read and follow the guidelines provided on the contest form. Failure to follow the guidelines exactly will disqualify your entry.
1. Download the 2017 PNWA Literary Contest Form. You can find it here:
Literary Contest Form
2. Complete the form. You may enter separate works in different categories. Only one entry per category allowed. If you are submitting work for more than one category, you will need to complete a form for each entry. All entries must be ORIGINAL and NOT previously accepted for publication or production by the contest deadline. Make a SCAN of the completed form.
3. Follow the submission guidelines on the contest form for your category. Be sure to read the entire submission guidelines and follow them exactly as entry requirements vary by category. Requirements such as margins, font size and type will be verified. Failure to comply with these requirements will disqualify your entry.
Rules and Guidelines
4. Register for the contest using the button below and pay the contest entry fee. Take a screen grab of the transaction as proof of payment.
Register for the Contest
5. Mail one #10 Self-addressed stamped envelope for your critiques. Please adhere two postage stamps to your envelope. Failure to send in a self-addressed stamped envelope means you will not get your critiques.
PNWA Literary Contest
1420 NW Gilman Blvd, Ste 2
Issaquah, WA 98027
6. Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “PNWA 2017 Lit Contest – Category (INSERT THE CATEGORY number and name for your entry). As an example, if you are entering a piece in the Romance/Women’s Fiction category, the subject line would read: PNWA 2017 Lit Contest – Category 3: Romance/Women’s Fiction
7. In the body of the email, include the following as attachments:
- Scan of completed contest entry form
- Screen shot of proof of payment
- Your contest entry
If for some reason you decide to sign up for additional categories after you've already registered, you will need to contact the Writer's cottage directly in order for us to accommodate your additional submissions.