***The contest deadline has passed***
PNWA Nancy Pearl Book Award a contest for the published author
PNWA’s Nancy Pearl Book Award is a NEW literary
contest designed to recognize recently published works by PNWA members.
Books published in 2013 can be submitted for consideration. Winners
will be announced at the 2014 PNWA Conference (July 17 – 20), will
receive $1000 in cash prizes and one month of promotion advertising on
PNWA and Author magazine. Click here to download the entry form and contest rules.
forms must be received by 1.13.14
- BEST BOOK: Fiction, Mainstream, or Literary - traditionally published
- BEST BOOK: Nonfiction, Memoir - traditionally published
- BEST BOOK: Fiction - self-published
awards & benefits
- CASH PRIZE: $1000
- Prominent book placement at the PNWA 2014 Summer Conference Autograph Party.
- Showcased as a featured author on both PNWA and Author magazine's websites for one month.
- Mingle with VIP's during our 2014 Summer Conference.
- Every book accepted will be judged by two librarians based on story, character, and narrative.The five finalists in each category will be notified in June 2014 prior to the PNWA Summer Conference (July 17-20, 2014). Winners will be announced at the conference.
- Finalists who attend the PNWA Summer Conference will be given high visibility during the conference.
||In 2004, NANCY PEARL won the Women’s National Book Association Award for her contribution to the world of
books. The former Executive Director of the Washington Center for the
Book, Nancy celebrates the written word by speaking at bookstores and
libraries across the country and on her monthly television program Book
Lust with Nancy Pearl on the Seattle Channel. She is a regular on
National Public Radio’s “Morning Edition” and NPR affiliate stations
KUOW in Seattle and KWGS in Tulsa. She has a Librarian Action Figure
modeled in her likeness, and bestselling books that include, Book Lust, and Book Crush: For Kids and Teens.The New York Times calls Nancy Pearl “the talk of librarian circles.