|The contest deadline has passed
PNWA Literary Contest create develop submit . . .
your chance to shine. Every writer knows there comes a time to send
their work out into the world. Don't miss this opportunity to put your
work to the test and compete with some of the best in the northwest at
the Annual PNWA Literary Contest. There are 12 categories, cash prizes
and every entry receives two valuable critiques. Winners are announced
every year at the Summer Conference in front of writers, agents and
category definitions rules & guidelines entry form FAQs
| entries must be received by 2.21.14
- romance/women's fiction
- young adult
- middle grade
- short story
- children's picture/chapter book
- adult short topics (articles/essays/memoir)
prizes & benefits
- FIRST PLACE: $700
- SECOND PLACE: $300
- Winners are selected by an agent or editor attending our conference.
- Winners will be announced at the PNWA Summer Conference.
- Mingle with Agents and Editors during our 2014 Summer Conference.
- Every entry accepted in the contest will receive two critiques.
- The eight finalists in each category will be notified in June 2014 prior to the PNWA Summer
Conference (July 17-20, 2014).
- Finalists who attend the PNWA Summer Conference will be given high visibility during the conference.
PNWA Literary Contest Entrant: Connie Curley
of the Pacific Northwest Writers Association, two of my articles have recently
First, buoyed by favorable comments
on an item I had entered in the 2007 PNWA Literary Contest, I
submitted it to several magazines for publication. It was purchased by Mature Living magazine and appears
in their July 2009 issue.
Second, a PNWA eNotes which was sent out
the end of November 2007 included a "Call for Stories From Cancer
Patient." The selected submissions were to be included in an
upcoming book by Dr. Bernie Siegel. The book came out in April of this
year, and my story is a part of it.
for the inspiration and the information!"