Our Literary Contest is going GREEN!
In continuing our efforts to go green, we are pleased to announce that our 2016 PNWA Literary Contest will be completely electronic. We have teamed up with Submittable (an online software submission platform) to streamline our contest processes, making it easier to submit your entries.
PNWA literary contest: create develop submit . . .
It's your chance to shine. Every writer knows there comes a time to send their work out into the world. Don't miss this opportunity to put your work to the test and compete with some of the best in the northwest at the Annual PNWA Literary Contest. There are 12 categories, cash prizes and every entry receives two valuable critiques. Winners are announced every year at the Summer Conference in front of writers, agents and editors.
Click the following links for more information:
- romance/women's fiction
- young adult
- middle grade
- short story
- children's picture/chapter book
- adult short topics (articles/essays/memoir)
prizes & benefits
- FIRST PLACE: $700
- SECOND PLACE: $300
- Winners are selected by an agent or editor attending our conference.
- Winners will be announced at the PNWA summer conference.
- Mingle with agents and editors during our 2016 summer conference.
- Every entry accepted in the contest will receive two critiques.
- The eight finalists in each category will be notified in June 2016 prior to the PNWA summer conference (July 28-31, 2016).
- Finalists who attend the PNWA summer conference will be given high visibility during the conference.
PNWA Literary Contest Entrant: Connie Curley
"Because of the Pacific Northwest Writers Association, two of my articles have recently been published.
First, buoyed by favorable comments on an item I had entered in the 2007 PNWA Literary Contest, I submitted it to several magazines for publication. It was purchased by Mature Living magazine and appears in their July 2009 issue.
Second, a PNWA eNotes which was sent out the end of November 2007 included a "Call for Stories From Cancer Patient." The selected submissions were to be included in an upcoming book by Dr. Bernie Siegel. The book came out in April of this year, and my story is a part of it.
Thank you for the inspiration and the information!"